Change the location that LB looks for the prefs file

We have recently installed LB on a LAN, where each machine is running Windows 10. The software will run (despite about 6 error messages - that’s for another post) and we could configure it to pick up the laser cutter on the network. The laser cutter is a Chinese manufactured machine, which originally had a Leetro 6515 and which we have just replaced with a Ruida 6442S controller so that we could use LB instead of LaserCut. The problem we have is when a new student logs into a machine that has LB installed, it has to be set up to pick up the laser cutter. Then if another student uses the same machine, logging in with their own account, LB has to be set up again.

The question I have is: can you get LB to point to a shared folder (e.g. on the C: drive) that contains a prefs file that can be used for all students? I cannot find anything as such, but perhaps it is something hidden away.

Thanks for the link. I was hoping that I could point LB to a prefs file in a shared folder, so that anyone logging into that particular machine using their own account would automatically get the correct prefs file without having to load it. I guess this will have to do for the time being.

Thanks N

There isn’t a way to do this - The prefs are also written from wherever they are read, and any shared location would require admin rights to write to it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.