Change the speed (Adjust Spped) while cutting/engraving

Hello, I noticed today (V.1.1.04) that if you change the speed (Adjust Spped) while cutting/engraving, the power of the laser (Adjust Power) also changes at the same time. It is the same the other way around. If I just change the speed, shouldn’t the power of the laser stay the same? Is this normal or is this a “BUG” in the software? With the V.1.1.02 you can regulate the speed / power independently of each other.

Board: MKS sBase 1.3
grbl : grbl lpc
Laser : K40 (CO2)

Hallo , mir ist heute aufgefallen (V.1.1.04) , das wenn man während des schneidens / gravieren , die Geschwindigkeit (Adjust Spped) ändert ,sich auch die Leistung vom Laser (Adjust Power) gleichzeitig ändert. Anderes herum verhält es sich genauso. Sollte eigentlich wenn , ich nur die Geschwindigkeit ändere , nicht die Leistung vom Laser gleich bleiben ? Ist das normal , oder handelt es hier sich um einen “BUG” in der Software ? Bei der V.1.1.02 kann man die Geschwindikeit / Power unabhängig voneinander regeln.

Borard: MKS sBase 1.3
grbl : grbl lpc
Laser : K40 (CO2)

I suspect that this is a byproduct of dynamic power models.

In order for me to confirm, I’d need the config file, engrave speed before and after the requested change in speed, traverse speed (usually the maximum allowable speed) for the engraver. The system of distance and time units that the speed is measured in is absolutely critical as they are often responsible for simple and easily overlooked errors.

If there is a dynamic power model used for cornering it may also trigger on straight line overspeed conditions. Excessive speed in a corner is treated by power reduction to keep the corner from scorching.

Thank you for emailing support. I didn’t check my email over the weekend.

You sent the following screenshot:

Simply copying & pasting the Machine Settings as text into a reply improves ease of use and commenting.

Your maximum travel rates in your Machine Settings are 24,000 mm/min
this is 400 mm/second. This matches your simulation speed settings in your screen capture. This may be optimistic for a GRBL controller.

The information I do not have is ‘the engrave speed before and after the requested change in speed’.

If you exceed the maximum allowable speeds set in $110 through $114 (or the speed capacity of the engraver controller) a power reduction is automatically commanded by the controller. When the engraver is attempting to engrave with given power at an unobtainable speed the assumption is that the request is correct and power is reduced to be appropriate to the delivered speed.

Speed changes below the maximum speed set points or the speed capacity of the controller should not command a change in power.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.