Changes the dimensions when moving object

Good day
I have the following problem, when I turn the object he changes the dimensions which is very problematic.
Does anyone have an idea why this is so?

here is a video of the problem

Greetings Luke

The dimensions you see for an object are based on an orthogonal bounding box, the measurements from left to right and top to bottom. If you create a rectangle, it will have one set of dimensions. When you rotate that rectangle, the dimensions would begin to reflect the diagonal points of the rectangle. Obviously the real size/dimensions of the object do not change, only those of the bounding box.

Hey
Thanks for the message
The problem is that when I cut the object horizontally, it has different dimensions than when it is vertical.
The size is different when you put the two foils on above each other
otherwise I would not have noticed this in my life. :smiley:
As I said, when I put the lasered result on top of each other, the foils are different sizes
X and Y axis are calibrated to millimeter accuracy.
Greetings Luke

If you can upload the lightburn file, it would be helpful. There’s no obvious reason why a rotation should change dimensions on an object, but there can be machine considerations not apparent in the video. It’s challenging to ponder why, especially if you’ve confirmed x and y steps are correct on your machine.

Does this problem happen with other objects?

The video is showing how, as you rotate an object that is not a perfect circle, the height and width values of the bounds of that object are changing - this is completely normal.

If you have an object that is engraving differently on the machine when you rotate it, your calibration is most likely not as accurate as you think it is, or possibly the machine is not square.

Hey
Thank you very much for the responses.
I hope you had a nice weekend.
I was just at the laser machine and put the 2 same objects one horizontal and one vertical on the paper.
On the picture you can see the result.
The vertical object is 2mm bigger than the horziton old one.!

WhatsApp Image 2020-09-21 at 10.11.33 (1)|375x500

The way you have the cards stacked appears to be misleading. The lower left arc of the bottom card would indicate you do not have the left edge lined up. If the rotated object is shorter, it may only be in the Y axis. Perhaps that’s what you were pointing out in the picture (just the bottom). This could be a mechanical issue of your machine such as stepper driver settings. Have you confirmed your machine is properly calibrated (draw a square; vector engrave it on a piece of scrap wood; measure the result; compare to design)?

Here I used edge detection to conclude the misalignment of the stack:

Draw a 100 mm square and run that on the laser, then measure the length of each direction. What do you end up with?

Thank you very much for all the answers.

I was just at the laser machine.

I cut a square with 100m and it was exactly 100mm on x and y, so no problem.

See the picture of the Y-axis, the tension was not adjusted correctly I don’t know how this happened.
I repaired the whole thing and thought that this would solve the problem.

but unfortunately not still when i cut out the two objects the same problem.

Now I really don’t know what to do.

Greetings Lukas

Use the laser to mark four small squares in the corners of your work area like this:

Then measure the two diagonals between the squares (in green):

Those two lines (on your laser) should be exactly the same length. If they aren’t, your laser is not square, and that will affect how accurate your output is.

1 Like

So I just did that.
Differences are very few but are there.

Here a picture

How do I continue now ?

Can I set something there ?

Greetings lucas!

11,45mm vs 11,41mm

Those do not look very far apart - Put them as far apart as you can, and measure then, as it will be more accurate that way. If that is the problem, the only way to fix it at present would be to physically shift one end of the machine to bring it into square. It’s not simple.

Hey guys
So we just tried everything again in another dimension.
There is a tolerance in it but only of 2mm.
Here the pictures

115,3cm - 115,1cm

I think this is your answer, unfortunately.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.