Changes to Laser Setup/ Rotary Setup mm per rotation and roller diameter has NO effect

I have a 7w JTech laser - working on an X-Carve that has upgraded Motors and rails.
I was trying to calibrate Lightburn to work with FTG K40 rotary. For some reason, when I work under Laser Tools/Rotary Setup and adjust the mm per rotation value, or the Roller Diameter Value, they have NO effect on the amount of rotation. The values change in the window, but has no effect.
Help!!!

I assume you use the Y axes, some use an A axis… There is a setup guide from Lightburn to help you set up your rotary.

Might try this link and see if it answers some of your questions. I don’t really know how to set up steps/rotation on your machine or where you get it…

Good luck

:smile_cat:

I have confirmed all of those settings. The issue is that making changes in the Rotary setup has NO effects… For some reason, when I work under Laser Tools/Rotary Setup and adjust the mm per rotation value, or the Roller Diameter Value, they have NO effect on the amount of rotation. The values change in the window, but has no effect…

TIA

You are not telling me anything to help you. Same answer as your question.

Lets start at the setup…

Obviously something is not right. Telling me it’s set up correctly is not helping you or me.

If it’s not changing anything, it’s wired correctly or the controllers improperly configured.

Maybe you should explain to me how to setup my FTG K40 rotary …? Maybe I can see a problem…

What steps/rotation are you using and what wheel diameter size?

Where did you get these values?

:smile_cat:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.