Changing auto focus after ramp test ruida 6445G

I performed a ramp test to determine the best focus distance from laser tip to work surface . it shows it should be 10mm. my 100 watt china laser 900mm x 600 mm. has stepper motors for x,y,z axis and came with microswitch attached to laser head and the auto focus ability . when i request autofocus the distance from laser head tip to work surface is 15mm. Where can i find proper instructions on how to adjust this so it stops when 10mm from surface?

There are no real instructions, although I collected a few earlier discussions into a summary of how the Ruida controller handles the Z axis:

With that said, though, IMO it’s easiest to just move the “focus pen” switch up / down to the proper level and leave the Z axis Focus Distance set to zero.

Unfortunately my microswitch is fixed and no abilities to adjust up or down. Adjust ment has to be in ruida software.

Thanks for the attached suggestions but nothing there directs me to where to adjust in ruida software

Per the post:

The Focus Distance parameter determines how far the U (or Z) axis moves from its default position after the focus pen / switch trips: it adds distance and can only be positive. Mine arrived at 0.0 mm and remains that way.

Look for Focus Distance in the Edit → Machine Settings → Vendor Settings → Z Axis section of the Ruida configuration.

It may be called something else in your controller, but you should find something similar.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.