Chiller question

Is anyone aware of a limit to the length of tubing you can run from your chiller to your machine? Im looking at upgrading to the CW-5202TH chiller, one laser will be 1m above the chiller the second one will be 5-6m away. Does anyone if this is to far to run the chiller pipes?

All advice welcome

Opinion: for that distance, use larger PVC pipe, rather than silicone tubing, to reduce the flow resistance.

You might add insulation around both pipes to maintain the water temperature, because (IIRC) 5200-class coolers plumb the two external cooling loops in series. The downstream laser will run hotter than the upstream laser, so I’d put the biggest laser upstream.

1 Like

Got you, will require a quick remodelling. Its a 130w that was the furthest away, the chiller was going to be under the desk the 60w is sat on. Was trying to save some ££ by not buying 2 chillers, i use a cw3000 at the moment but with the new space being insulated and at a warm temp i have little confidence the cw3000 to maintain the temp with it only being a rad not a chiller.

If you use rigid PVC, add a flex coupling at each end. This can be a 12" piece of clear fiberglass reinforced vinyl hose.

So from chiller into hose, then into pvc, along the wall and then back to hose into the machine, or would it silicone into hose into pvc?

Yes, basically on both ends of the rigid PVC. If you can get silicone tubing in the size you need, I say use it.

1 Like