Circle carving or engraving ends not meeting up

Hi Hope someone can help. I have looked through and can’t find the specific post relating to my problem of the engrave of a circle with the ends not meeting and being away by at least 6mm. I have a LZRMN 7050 80w CO2 with the Ruida6445S(EC) controller. The machine is new and this is the first cut I have done. All belts are tensioned correctly
Thanks

Check that the pinion gears are properly secured to the stepper shaft. Looks like there’s backlash on the Y but I’d suggest examining all.

New does not matter, they can shake loose during shipping. This link covers pretty much everything that can o wrong mechanically.

Thanks anyway I fixed the problem the X and Y axis needed calibration done. both ways were out about 2mm

This actually does not make sense as a solution. X or Y Calibration issues would result in oblong circles, not disconnected circles.

I’ll run it again to check but the circle appears normal now after calibration of X & Y

Try flipping the circle so it burns in the opposite direction. That might reveal other issues.

Your original issue is almost certainly going to be mechanical in nature.

Thanks for getting back to me unfortunately the laser has stopped engraving so I can’t test. Once I get it back working I will do as you suggest

Thanks have my laser working again so I could test the circle. I mirrored the circle and everything worked OK. So I don’t know why the calibration of the Axis fixed the circle.
But I have another problem now, when I print a word from the laser itself I get a clean result but when I engrave from Lightburn I keep getting misplaced letters or double outline when doing 4 passes or sometimes even single pass. The photo shows the laser machine produced text on top. The two attempts with 4 passes and bottom is one pass are with Lightburn.

i would say 90% sure you have some belt issue, squareness issue
Try running below pattern it should exposed them instantly
Dot Test with Angle.lbrn (46.3 KB)

Might need to adjust speeds to faster for your machine

To make sure I understand the symptom, you’re saying that if you run the same job repeatedly directly from the laser panel, that you get repeatable burns.

But if you run the same job multiple times from LightBurn you get misplaced results?

If that’s the case then this is likely a communication issue.

How are you connected to the laser and are you pushing Start or Send? If using Start, try using Send. Does that remedy the issue? If so, that’s fairly definitive that you’re having a comms issue.

I assume you’re on USB. Try swapping cables and/or ports.

Ethernet is preferable if you can manage it.

I push send first then once it loads I select start. Belts all correct tension and machine square and level. I will give the USB change a try. Can I run just an ethernet cable between the machine and my laptop?

This is actually redundant and counter-productive. Start will send a new file to burn, leaving the previous file that was “sent” sitting on the controller.

Try using “send”, then find and run the sent file from control panel. Alternatively, if you hold the shift key while pushing “send” the job will automatically start after the send is complete.

Yes. But you will need to manually configure IP addresses for the laser and your computer.

There’s a guide in the documentation about how this can be done:
Ethernet Connection (Ruida) - LightBurn Software Documentation

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.