Circles have a flat bottom and top

Hello everyone I have tried everything I can think of but I am new to laser engraving and I don’t know much about it. When I am doing small circles the top and bottom of the circles are flat. Any help on how to fix this would be appreciated. I have tried to loosen and tighten the x and y axis belt and no luck on making it a perfect circle. I also notice that the y axis rollers aka the laser isn’t as smooth as the x axis rollers. Thank you in advance. The speed is at 1500.

Do you have any pictures?

maybe you are running small circles to fast, do you have overrides setup in Device settings for smaller curves?

1 Like

They have been added.

I have no clue. Like I said I’m new to this and don’t know much.

Can I ask what material that is? looks like a very thin foam…?

Can you try the same on a piece of MDF / wood and see if the same happens. If it is a foam type material I am thinking the heat from the laser is shrinking it and distorting it. and with the “grain” effect this is happening more across that grain section. Just a theory, look forward to seeing photos of the circle on something solid.

It is just blue painters tape over some 3mm plywood. It has done the same thing on the plywood and cardboard.