Please bear with me, I’ve only been doing this for about 3 months or so so I may be asking a very basic question.
I am carving out the shapes of Buffaloes and I’ve done this patterns hundreds of times. It takes 3 passes for a clean cut for these guys. The line up is 5 on the top row and 5 on the bottom row.
When I cut them, pass 1,2, and 3 are visible shifted on the x axis only on my stock and not cutting in the same path. If I press stop and rehome, and press start again, the first path will follow the previous path 1. To make things even more complicated, I completed about 30 of these things last night before I went to bed. First thing I did this morning was this and cannot complete a single cut.
Steps I took to troubleshoot:
- Realigned laser (I don’t believe this will help but wanted to eliminate it)
- Greased the x and y rails
- Cleaned the mirrors and lenses
- Tightened the belt on the gantry
- With the power off I moved both the gantry and the laser head by hand. I noticed some squeaking coming from near the stepper motors but I believe it’s the sound of the belt. There is no jerking motion or resistance.
- Ensured stock was secure with magnets
- Test pausing the job in the middle of passes. Stopped job and started job over, (no shift of the path). 8. Performed a 1 cut operation with 3 different program executions, working as expected.
Does anyone have any idea of what troubleshooting I can try next?
Thanks a lot!