Cloudray combination lens

Have received my new Cloudray combination lens. Seems I should know everything about installing since there is absolutely nothing in the box except the equipment.
Is the yellow lens the 38.?mm and the 63.?mm the orange lens? Also: yellow lens has less curvature than the orange. ?
I have studied the illustrations on their website to arrive at these assumptions.
The air assist tube included is much smaller the tube in my 60W Omtech. I pushed provided 4mm tube well into the Omtech tube, it appears to be working.
Is this compound setup supposed to be better for cutting or both engraving and cutting.

I’m just guessing, but I would expect the shorter focal length to have greater curvature than a longer focal length. I think…
If all else fails install one and do a ramp test to determine its focal distance.

I believe the compound lens is supposed to produce a smaller dot size when focused so gives better resolution for engraving.
It’s probably also got a shorter depth of focus which may make it less effective for cutting thicker materials.

There is a link on the Cloudray web page for that lens / nozzle combination to Russ’ video. He developed it, along with several other items Cloudray sells.

Russ actually copied the concept from someone else’s combination lens. I know that Thunder Laser was selling a combination (high resolution) lens before he started working his version, but I don’t know if it originated with TL or not.

I spent a little time with settings for the Cloudray combination lens today. The Miss’s was out. Lol
When I cut with a single 38.?mm lens I adjust the nozzle half the thickness of the substrate, seems to work best with solid wood stock, plywood is a joke unless you wish to buy some $110 per 4 x 8 sheet. We have done that for over forty years so that is a “No-No” since we retired. I don’t try to cut anything that needs multiple passes. Using the combination gives some interesting results. When I adjusted nozzle as I stated above, I get a wide burn in a line, speed 20mm/sec, max at 65%. Meter reads 8 or 9 Milli Amps. If I leave it set that way and do an engrave @ 100mm/sec. and max at 20%, I get a burn of almost the full thickness of substrate. Raising the nozzle to 10.5mm from material cuts a very fine line of no more than .01mm with one caveat, It only burns through the corners where it slows down and just shy the remainder of the line. Amps at .18. Love that thin cut line. Will do some more experimenting along with photo engraving.