Cnc 3018 laser not firing

Hi, I have had a cnc 3018 pro for a few years now, my laser stopped working so I’ve upgraded to an lt 40w f23 laser head, I have also changed my wiring and also control board, my laser still will not fire, I’ve double and triple checked compatibility for the laser and my machine but I am getting g to a loss all my s values are the same and I have not changed anything, I’m abit stuck of where to go with this one it was supposed to be plug and play

Is it this one?

The bottom shows the connections.

There is only supply voltage, pwm and ground.

If both the supply voltage and ground are present and working, when the pwm signal goes high the laser turns on…

It’s pretty simple… are you using the interface board in the link?

Do you have a voltmeter?

:smile_cat:

Hi, no voltmeter and yes it is the one in the picture

, it acts like it is doing the program by moving it just does not fire it does not fire on when I do the test fire button neither

That’s my settings, $0 = 10
$1=25
$2=0

You are not using the interface board?

The original laser module drew much less current than your new one and would probably need to be supplied it’s operating voltage/current via a separate line. I am doubtful that your controller can handle that much current just to supply the laser.

This is one I upgraded, this was a $79 machine … I put a NEJE 40630 laser module on it… Notice the separate interface board in the lower right of the photo. This supplies the working current for the module.

Voltmeters are pretty low cost and are pretty much a requirement for troubleshooting these kind of issues.

Thankyou I will look at that, I never had an issue before, I will defiantly be getting a voltmeter

Voltmeters are cheap and can be used anywhere you have electrical issues… So they are a good investment, especially with these low cost Chinese machines.

I have three little machines that look just like yours. I think one or two of them have a Woodpecker board in them … it looks just like yours…

They have a limited current supply to the laser module… This usually means it overheats and burns something… That doesn’t seem to fit what you are experiencing…

If you need help with the multimeter… sing out…

Good luck

Thankyou, the interface, I am looking online and can’t seem to find anything definate, coukd you point me in the right direction please

This was in the link. I would assume it came with the laser module. :thinking: mine did.

It’s really pretty simple and is just a way to plug all of this in without getting a soldering iron out and rewiring things.

Where did the module come from?

I thought so, no I didn’t get that with mine I got one from amazon I bet I selected wrong option without it, I’ll have a look at them now, thanks again