CO2 Laser XY issue 45 degree

Hello guys,

hope you can help me.
I use a 50W Chinese CO2 Laser and have an issue you can see on the picture. When filling in X or Y everything is fine, but when both axis move there is an offset to the lower left. All 3 rectangles were lasered with the exact same settings, only the angle changed.

Thanks for any advice.

Best regards
Domi

DSP controllers do not technically support engraving on angles that are not a multiple of 90 degrees, so LightBurn sends standard cutting moves for those.

Because the controller is not automatically adding the overshoot moves like it does along X or Y, this is not recommended for anything other than artistic fills, and you will likely need to use lower speed, and properly set Min power so the sides do not badly char. You should not use non-90 degree angles for general use.

Thank you very much for the help.

I have another question: i did this small test piece and get an different angle on the left side while cutting on the Y-axis. The other 3 sides of the rectangle are 90°.
How can i fix it?

Tram your head. This may mean shimming the screws that hold the optics on to the carriage

Actually, do check that you’re hitting #3 mirror dead center to begin with. If it’s off center, a properly adjusted #3 mirror means the beam all passes through the air assist orifice, but it’s going to do so at an angle if the beam enters off center.