"Coarse" raster lines infill for vectors

I’m

learning my new 100w CO2 laser and absolutely loving it so far. I have a 38mm lens installed. air assist on. I’m seeing fine lines in my rasters on every material I’ve tried. In granite and marble I get an almost cross-hatched effect. I’ve run the standard speed/power matrix on a dozen materials and all show the horizontal lines (parallel to the raster direction).

I guess I’m wondering if A) this is normal…but I doubt it based on projects I’ve seen on the forum and/or B) the lens installed is too fine - I’ve ordered a 50mm.

Any insight would be appreciated.

The shorter length focal length will be giving you a smaller spot, so you might need to lower your interval value (the gap between scan lines) or increase the DPI (which is the same thing, just expressed a different way).

I’ve made these small / coarse on purpose to make the effect easier to see:

The left S is filled at 0.1mm (254 DPI) and the right is at 0.05mm (508 DPI).

Thanks, Oz. I figured there would be a way to do this but I cannot seem to find it in LB for vectors. Could you point me to the right spot?

There are a few spots:

The Interval setting under the Cuts/Layers list lights up when you select a Fill or Image layer:

Interval is the spacing between scanning lines. You can also double-click the Fill entry in the cuts/layers list to bring up the cut settings editor, and then you can change either Line Interval (same as on the main display) or Lines per Inch:

I’m so blind! thanks a million!!! BTW, I love LB! so very well designed.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.