Cohesion 3D firmware

I purchased a cohesion 3D board a year or so ago in order to be able to use lightburn on my k40 system. Looking at it now, might not have been the best choice but I’m trying to work with it.

Today, I stumbled upon a couple threads elsewhere on this forum and decided to flash my smoothieboard to try and get it working. Long story short, I have updated my board but it’s no longer a k40 specific build and I cant get lightburn to do anything anymore. The cohesion 3d website and forums are down, and I am wondering if anyone either possess the old firmware so I can revert back to my previous state.

If not, maybe someone here might know how I can undo this messup by altering current smoothie firmware for use on my machine.

Latest GIT developments.
You can try dig the wayback machine.
If this is the firmware for your board
Confirm please.
Did the board come with an SD card containing files?
Info regarding firmware updates.

2 Likes

Thanks for the fast and detailed reply.

I’ve tried the new versions, and while I can communicate with the board, I cannot seem to figure out how to make it work within lightburn.

I have the SD card “backup” from the SD card which was sent with the board. Here is a link. I cannot seem to find any useful info in there though as the 0.2 version indicated doesn’t seem to match with anything I can find.

I will look into the material you’ve suggested in more detail a little later. I found some firmware for the C3D mini’s, and I have tried to load those as well as the firmware that you’ve linked. Those let me control the gantry again from lightburn, but the homing is strange. I’ve attempted to use those firmware versions with the old config file, and it appears to work decently but there is a loud whining coming from my rear servo which did not happen before. After each attempt I have pretty quickly shut evereything down as i don’t want to damage anything.

The backup firmware and config files on the SD card don’t seem to be useful. I’ve renamed them appropriately and tried loading them to flash the board, and nothing happens. Examination of the backup config file shows that it doesn’t match the “current” config file at all. I’m not sure what to make of everything.

The wayback has info1 and info2on how to setup the laser with Lightburn.
When the noise occurs the movement is fast or slow?

1 Like

The noise occurs when the gantry is completely stationary. The tone changes when moving.

I’m looking through the wayback files, and it appears the link you provided “matches” what I have. My purchase order states only “Cohesion3D LaserBoard” which is the same as the image title for the description provided for the link that you’ve attached. It gives the high pitched whine though, even with the OG config file. Maybe it’s possible I killed that servo in the process of figuring things out?

There is an upgraded firmware on another page linked to by that one that I am trying now.

If you jog the laser head with Lightburn to the middle of the bed when it stops gives the same noise?
Noise solution, I think.

1 Like

The noise seems to have gone away after a little use. It comes back, but I will look into your other solution. Your wayback links have for sure solved me initial issues though after a little tweaking. Those were the correct files. I had tried it before then, but couldn’t find the right links. Thanks again. I would have never imagined this would be fixed tonight.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.