Color palette disappearing from the bottom of the screen

Hi all you lovely people at Lightburn.
I have had a recurrent problem since updating to V1.1.03. I was using Lightburn on my older laptop and the color palette disappeared from the bottom of the screen when I clicked the Save icon. I had to close LB down and reopen it to get the color palette back. It’s quite frustrating. I have subsequently purchased a shiny, brand new laptop and installed V1.1.03 on it. Guess what? When I click the Save icon, the color palette disappears exactly the same as on my older laptop. Has anyone else reported or had the same problem? Thanks, Martin.

Can you attach a screenshot of what you’re seeing?

What resolution are you running both of your laptops?

2022-04-26T23:00:00Z Hi again, both the older HP laptop and the new HP laptop are running at a screen resolution of 1366 x 768, the recommended resolution. I have taken screenshots and have used the Windows 11 Xbox Game App to do some recording of the colour palette disappearing. I can post those if required but that may not be necessary.
I think that I may have found the culprit hiding in the depths of LightBurn. The filename of the file(s) that the fault showed up in are relatively long. The one I was using is 43 characters long, which shouldn’t really be an issue, but it is. I saved that file as an exact copy and named the new file CLONE, which is only 5 characters long. This new file does not have the error, and the only possible difference between the two files is the length of the filename. I experimented with filename lengths and discovered that using a filename of up to 21 characters is fine, and no problems occur. However, if you use a filename of 22 characters or longer, the issue occurs every time. I have experimented with this approximately 30 times and every filename 21 characters or less causes no issues, but every filename 22 characters or more causes the issue. As I said in my original post, I have had this issue since updating to V1.1.03, so maybe something was changed or introduced when V1.1.03 was created. I thank you.

That’s some nice detective work. I assume this is a combination of your limited resolution and the long filename. When you save there’s a message that is written on the bottom right portion of the application window. I’m assuming the long filename is pushing some UI elements off the screen as the application attempts to resize to accommodate the filename.

Let’s see if we can get some comment from Lightburn folks like @LightBurn or @Rick.

Chatting with Oz, he offered the following:

“Likely the painting of the file save message at the bottom is overwriting the palette. User could try docking the palette to the side bar, or changing the arrangement of windows to be dock/stacked, instead of one above the other.”

1 Like

Thanks Rick. Could you point me in the direction of how to dock the palette to the side bar? The Online Documentation does advise that ‘a common alternative is docking it next to the creation tools along the left.’ but omits advising the user how to actually do it, and I can’t seem to find it anywhere else. Also, this issue hadn’t raised it’s ugly head until I installed V1.1.03, so could you advise if this issue is likely to be fixed or will I have to live with the workaround? Many thanks, Martin

Hi Rick, I have found the method of repositioning the colour palette. Cheers, Martin

1 Like

This is an issue of fitting the windows into a screen of this size.

While a bit dated, this shows how one can arrange their workspace to best fit their workflow.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.