Comgrow Z1, Homing and limit switches issue alarm 9 and alarm 1 help!

Hello, I have a new Comgrow Z1 laser engraver. After I set it up and went to test, managed to connected it to PC all good but then while trying on my first project I run to these issues.: First of all Alarm 9, cannot be homed properly, laser runs to the left side further than it should and hits the side and makes a crashing sounds, then the Alarm 9 pops up. I tried taking an advice from one post and switched off homing manually in my Device settings. Then I tried to actually run a project and another glitch comes up! Alarm 1: Machine position is likely lost due to sudden and immediate halt. Re-homing is highly recommended.

What to do please someone help me, as Comgrow customer service is not helpful at all.

I do have some suspision worth mentioning, when I send it home, it does not really move vertically only horizontally no matter where I start it from, Also when I tried framing my project, it would do the frame but again only running horizontally on X not using Y at all even though the project was in middle of the board and the laser was in top left corner…so could there be an issue with Y axis and if so how do I fix it ?

Despite the Homing fail, I tried to run the project a name engraving and just got a very slim line burned out, so that means it could have some Y motor faults?

Many thanks to anyone who can help ! :slight_smile:
Denisa

Welcome to the site…

According to the manual it should home on it’s own. They have homing enabled within the machines controller.

If one of the axes isn’t moving you have some kind of hardware failure…

If it’s new, I’d ask the vendor … It might be caused by a flaky connection, so you could unplug the motor of the offending axes and plug it back in… ensure it’s seated. It could have worked out of the other end also, but you’d have to access the control board to ensure it’s properly connected.

If both axes are not working, then you need to fix that before you can use the machine.

:smile_cat:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.