Commands are not working

Hello all,

I’m trying the laser modul on the Creality Ender 3 S1 Pro.
The laser is working fine, but only on max power.
When i try to put in commands, like $$ to check the settings of the laser the message: unkown commant comes foward.
I’m running the laser on GRBL.
Is there somebody that knows the solllution?

Thank you in advance

Are you absolutely certain the machine runs GRBL? Ender 3s are typically running on Marlin. This could explain why the $$ isn’t returning the expected output.

1 Like

I will go try that later today.
But after watching some instruction videos they said GRBL.
But i will try it.
Thankyou!

Better check the welcome message in the console window after you connected to the laser. There is a version message, usually.

1 Like

I have checked both options.
Unfortinaly none of them is working.
When i try Marlin, the laser moves but doesnt engrave.
And i cant type in commands when i’m directly connected, there is still a error.
Also i did try to save the Gcode on a SD-cart to see if that would fix the problem, unfortinaly not.
With the SD-cart it is the same a directly in the computer.(i have tryed modding the Gcode. by giving the command $32=1
$30=1000 to start with. also didnt work.)

Also when i connect the machine there is nog welcome message.

Do you have another suggestion?

If it’s Marlin, M502 is the Factory Restore command

Did you select the appropriate Laser Control Command for your machine in Edit->Device Settings?

What is the error and what did you type in?

These are all GRBL specific. I’d suggest not haphazardly entering commands where you’re not directly aware of their applicability or function. This could cause other problems.

What do you get at all?

I have tryed marlin again a few times, played a little with the differend laser commands.
It looks like its working at the moment.
Only 1 in the 10 times the laser skips a few lines.
But its already working better than before.

Thank you for the help!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.