Confused on what settings to burn at

Im brand new and ive watched a ton of videos on what settings to use and nothing helps. I have bamboo cutting boards and one name worked but trying to do pictures and the speed lightburn recommended burned my board.

I also have a black and white photo and cant figure out what settings or name to put it under to make pictue look normal

Also i tried this saying on one and just did 2 line passes and realized i needed more so i kept adding more bjt then the last word starting getting darker than the rest

Thank you for any and all help. Im having fun but frustrated. Im more of a in person showing how this works than watching videos

at what speed and power you have tryed engraving?

I made a board already with a name on it at 3000/100%

but when i tried other ones of images at a slower power and speed it burned it.

Also i tried another saying at like 10 passes and the bottom word got darker than the others

Sorry i cant remember the settings all the way.

3000 what? mm/min, mm/s, inc/min, inc/s? and 100% power is really too much for engrave, Full power is used when you want to cut.
Anyway assuming it was 3000mm/min you go too fast, first of all be sure you laser head is well focused on the material surface, then try this, 1200mm/min and 75% power, only 1 pass, for engraving more than 1 pass is useless

1 Like

Yes 3000 mm/min. Sometimes when i do 1 pass or 2 nothing comes through. Let me try this wording on the nack of my bamboo board at 1200 75% with 1 pass and see how it comes out. Also i imported a black and white photo and thats a whole other story on trying to get it to look normal on the preview. Someone said use Jarvis or Stucki and those just came out white. I tried Threshold and it showed the picture but cant get it clear at all.

well… engraving and cutting are a mix of power and speed, 3000mm/min are definitely too much.
I do my engraving at 1500mm/min max with power from 50% to 85/90%, depending on the material, and i do my cuts at 200mm/min max at 100% power and from 2 to 10 passes, also this depending on material, most of all the thickness.

this is an example for my diode laser of power and speed to use according to material thickness, as i told before (i convert speed in second in speed in minutes)

1 Like

If you click on the ‘Move’ tab while a burn is in progress, you can adjust speed and power on-the-fly until you find a combo that looks good to you.

2 Likes

1200/75% wirked perfect. Thank you so much

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.