Confused with Origin

I’m a total newbie to this. I purchased software, simple cut. I tend to use the “cut selected graphics” to ensure that everything is going ok. the Laser goes to Home 0,0 when commanded, however when the piece start to cut it zooms over to what seems to be 100,100. This is the second time I have cut the piece, and it didn’t do this before. I’ve gone through all the set up, but it keeps going to 100,100 to start the piece. What am I doing wrong? I’ve tried reviewing the codes in the console, but there doesn’t seem to be anything there. Job origin is set to bottom left, and the same for the other up where the graphic can be edited. It started this in the middle of a cut. What am I doing wrong. I can’t seem to reset this? Hope someone understands what I mean… not technical btw

I’m going to guess you have User Origin configured as your “Start From” mode in Laser window.

I’d suggest changing this to Absolute Coords and it should work as you expect.

1 Like

Thanks so much for replying. I sat down again and had another look, and as you say, for some reason or other I must have clicked on something. I found a topic which was exactly what I was looking for, if you don’t know which window to look in for something it is really frustrating. I was directed to the Move window which allowed me to reset the origin. So simple but could not for the life of me find it in the help section. All sorted, my origin is where I want it to be thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.