Connecting Lightburn to AtomStack A5 Pro+

I’m having trouble connecting a new AtomStack A5 Pro+ to Lightburn. First LB doesn’t fine AtomStack. There are several GRBL’s listed and none work. The X Y numbers arn’t listed. I have tried manual install. My machine has 410 by 400. Also I can’t get laser to move unless I switch to Com 4. When it moves to home in lower left it moves to corner and hits rail and just ‘grinds’ for several seconds then stops. I have played around with different settings but the laser always moves to a side rail and just grinds. I don’t want to damage or strip out the belt. I can’t start anything without first setting it up correctly. Help!!

Hello Jim,

Might want to try this link…How to connect atomstack to Lightburn and LaserGRBL – Atomstack Laser Engraver – Atomstack

Just bought my AtomStack A5 Pro + and waiting for it’s arrival. In the next day or so. Hope it helps you. Saving the link myself for use when mine laser arrives.

Jim,
Not sure if you are still having the issues, but that is what happened to me when I first got my A5.

1. The “grinding” is because there is no Auto stop on the Atomstack. What you need to do is power everything off. Manually move your laser head to the 0:0 location. In LB, under “Laser” menu, make sure your “Start From” is Absolute Coords.
    You will need to use the “Move” menu to select a specific location to move to, and to go home, you would “Move” to 0.0
  2. It took a while to get my system connected with GRBL-M3, but now works fine. Are you hard wired, or Bluetooth?
1 Like

Hope that helps