Connecting to Mira 9

I just purchased the MacBook Pro. I have had to manually download Lightburn and I can’t seem to connect to my wifi. It’s saying “unsecured”. What do I do and how do I get help from Lightburn. I don’t see a contact area?

I’m not familiar with these… Might read this thread and see if it helps. It’s for grbl machines.

:smile_cat:

Are you attempting to connect your new MacBook Pro to your local Wifi?

Where is the word ‘Unsecured’ showing?

There are a few LightBurn staff members around and we can call on the Devs when we get questions that are daunting or challenging.

There are a few folks here (on the forum) who have been around longer than most of the LightBurn Staff. They show up and pitch in because they enjoy it and they know their stuff. Don’t wait for a staff member.

The only advice that I’d offer preemptively, to a new participant or community member on the LightBurn Forum, is the ‘How to ask for help.’

hi I am new and don’t know all the rules. I have a mira 9 and its using a Ruida not sure what firmware its running (don’t know where to look) I am running the latest version of Lightburn. when I try to connect to my Mac book pro to my Mira 9 it doesn’t show up in the drop down window. do I need a driver on my laptop (Mac book pro) to make it work. (so my laptop can talk to the Lightburn software)

You need to add both the Mac and the Mira to the same WiFi network. For the MacBook, you need to know the password for the WiFi network.

On the Mira you need to add a network number in the controller panel on the Mira.

When you get the Mira connected to the network, then you can add it manually to the Macbook by choosing to add a device manually in Lightburn through “ethernet” and entering the number you put into the Mira. Be sure to choose an IP number for the ethernet number on the MIra that is not being used b y some other device on the network.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.