Connectivity issues with new Mac

I have gotten a new Mac for my shop and have connectivity issues that I can’t find a resolution for. Anytime my Mac goes to sleep and then I wake it up I cannot connect to my boss laser, Ruida controller, without restarting my computer. On my laptop I was running the laser on before it had no issues reconnecting. I have tried right clicking on device, searching for device, making it default and none work without restarting my computer. It’s just causing workflow issues. I probably could make it where my computer doesn’t go to sleep, but I’d rather find the reason it’s doing it and fix that. My new computer is an iMac and my older laptop is also a Mac, both using the same software and version. Please help.

I had the same issue with the macbook if I used USB. The problem went away when I connected the Laser to my local network.

I got the connector with mine so I could use wifi, but never connected it. Not sure I still have the instructions around.

If you are going to use a mac then ethernet is the way to go.
If you look on the bottom of the wireless device it may have the default address and password to get access to setup.

You can have a look at Boss Laser support site for info.
You can find their manual library here

1 Like

Same here. I had connectivity losses several time a day via USB on Macs. I moved to Lightburn Bridge and now have rock steady connections via wifi.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.