Any idea what the $ code is for the Shapeoko 4 to instruct the “GO TO” in a positive direction from the home position. The home position for the Shapeoko is the back right. The position is shown as minus and the “go to” will not accept a minus number. I am given to understand that this model works in a negative workspace.
Have you reviewed the documentation for negative workspace systems including Shapeoko? It covers how to address this. Or are you trying to do something different?
Common Grbl Setups - LightBurn Software Documentation
I just trying to send the laser to the start position of the job. I move the laser to the required location say Y=300 and X=300 and then set the” Set Origin". Once the job is completed the laser homes to the back right (Homing position). At this point I have no way of sending the laser back to the first position where the origin was set by means of the MOVE TO POSITION BOXES X and Y in the move window. Also if I sent the laser to the “GO TO ORIGIN” it sends the laser back to the homing position back right . Any help would be greatly appreciated . Similarly if I try to set the laser position on the job by “ALT + L” it crashes into the home position. If this continues it will undoubtedly damage the machine or at best stretch the belts. this is why the MOVE TO POSITION BOXES X and Y option would be great. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Maybe I am missing something.
Some questions for you:
- Did you go through the process described in the documentation? If so, what adjustments did you make?
- What are the dimensions of your laser?
- Where is machine origin on your laser?
- What is your “Start from” setting in Laser window?
- Does your laser having homing switches? Does it go through a homing cycle?
Your symptoms indicate that the controller and thus LightBurn is not establishing a proper 0,0 position.
Can you also provide the following:
- Full screenshot of LightBurn
- Screenshot of Edit->Device Settings
- Coordinates of 4 corners of machine from “Get Position” in Move window
- Output of these commands run in Console immediately following a homing cycle:
$I $$ $# ?
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.