Contact developer - MacOS Extension in Legacy

I just opened Lightburn on my macbook running Catalina, and got a message from the OS saying that the legacy kernal won’t be supported in future versions and to contact the developer. I clicked the link and it took me to an apple support page with this text.

How will this affect my ability to use the software going forward? Should I not update the MacOS?

Text from Apple Support Page

About system extensions and macOS

Some system extensions aren’t compatible with current versions of macOS or won’t be compatible with a future version of macOS. Learn what to do if you see an alert about system extensions or kernel extensions.

System extensions work in the background to extend the functionality of your Mac. Some apps install kernel extensions, or kexts—a kind of system extension that works using older methods that aren’t as secure or reliable as modern alternatives. Your Mac identifies these as legacy system extensions.

In 2019, Apple informed developers that macOS Catalina will be the last macOS to fully support legacy system extensions, and we’ve been working with developers to transition their software.

Thank you!

I’m staying on Mojave, as otherwise my paid-for Adobe apps and MS Office would need to move over to cloud-based.

I am using Lightbrun (0.9.20) on Big Sur without a problem. Which version of Lightbrun are you using?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.