Convert fill to photo engrave?

I would like to treat a set of enclosed lines like a photo engrave to bring up the Dither, Stucki, Atkinson, etc. menu rather than a standard Fill. Does anyone know how to do that?

Thank you.

Hey, I think I figured it out…Convert to Bitmap. :slight_smile:

Okay, now how can I convert closed shapes back to a closed shape after I converted it to a bitmap? I’ve been poking around and I would think it would be Convert to path, but that option is not selectable when I select the item I want to convert back.

???

Thanks if you can help.

You’d have to trace the bitmap. (Alt+T or Trace Image)

Thanks Oz!

I had already tried that and it seemed to work, but wasn’t sure if I was getting the exact same thing back. That’ll work for me! Thanks again! :slight_smile:

You’ll never get the exact same result back, with very few exceptions, because converting to bitmap discards all the original data.

It’s a bit like making a painting of a photo, then taking a photo of the painting to try to get the original photo back. It doesn’t work that way. :slight_smile:

Yea, that’s what I thought and why I wanted a way to convert back other than tracing. I fully understand what you’re saying. Well, another thing I can do is just copy and paste the original path drawing, convert to bitmap one of them and have the original line drawing.

Thanks again! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.