Corrupt file - will not open

Hello. I have a Lightburn file that all of a sudden won’t open in Lightburn. Every time I try to open it the program crashes. Any ideas or may I send this to the administrator to take a look?

Thank you.

Tim

Yes please, and thank you for reporting this. LightBurn should not crash. Please send this file to developer at lightburnsoftware dot com and reference this post. Please include as much detail as you can to help in reproducing this on our end.

Thank you. I attempted to send to lightburnsoftware.com, but it would not send. Instead, I used the gmail address instead.

Also, the file was to large to send as an attachment, so instead I sent through One Drive. I hope you can access.

Thank you.

Tim

Hi Timothy,

I get a message about a missing font, but otherwise it opens fine. Nothing is “on the page” though - it’s all off to one side and about a half-mile below it (not much of an exaggeration, either):

This is the stuff closest to the page:

Zoom waaaay out though:

And all this stuff is 327 meters below it:

Do you use “Import” instead of “Open”, maybe?

“Import” is for importing stuff into your current project. “Open” is to open a new project, replacing the current one. Unless you intended for all this stuff to be there, that’s the only way I can see this happening.

All that stuff waaaay below the main drawings must be something I attempted to import sometime back. Sometimes, when I do import (to intentionally bring in other objects - I do not attempt to use Import to open files), the files import somewhere way off the main items on the page - so far away that I cannot ever find them.

Oz,

I still cannot get this file to open - it still crashes LightBurn every time. Would it be possible for you to delete those artifacts/items that are way off the main page and email the file back to me? Is it possible this “glitch” is causing the problem?

Thank you.

Tim

When it crashes, do you get a crash dump at all, or does it just shut down? If it gives you a dump of some kind I’d like to see it.

I’ve sent you the updated version by email.

Hello Oz.

I don’t know what a crash dump is. Anyway, the program simply closes. I’ll look for that new file.

Thank you.

Tim

Hello Oz.

I’m sorry. I have not received that updated file. I looked in my Junk email box too.

Tim

The file is in the email that you replied to where I asked you which version (32 or 64 bit) you were using.

To find that, right-click on ‘My Computer’ in a Windows Explorer window, and choose ‘Properties’. It should tell you there whether your operating system is 64 bit or 32 bit. I doubt that’s the issue though, as I tested the file here with the 32 bit version and had no trouble.

I’m sorry I appear so inept and thank you for all your assistance, but there’s just nothing in that email - or it doesn’t appear as an attachment or I cannot find it.

Tim

I’ve re-sent it in a new message.

Received and I can now open the file.

Thank you so much and I apologize for the hassle.

Tim

P.S. Here is the kind of art I am making with Lightburn (after initial drawings in DraftSight).

3 Likes

Very nicely executed @Tim!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.