Crash after job is finished

Howdy yall,

So I have a rotary installed and working well.

I jog the laser out to the beginning of the job and use the “User coordinates” after I set the origin.

The job executes great. After the job the laser head runs to the right and crashes until I turn it off and it re-homes.

Any ideas how to fix this?

What I have been doing is setting a “Finish position” for the laser and while that works, I feel like there is something else bigger picture that I am missing. Im afraid if I forget to set the “Finish position” ill have a mess on my hands.

Thanks for any advice.

This has been discussed in another thread. Perhaps this may be relevant for you

running to the right and crashing seems super off… Machine configuration at fault ?

I would guess because you are setting your zero on the rotary, after the cut is finished it is returning home or another coordinate but your soft limits think they still have longer ways to travel. Bang! overshooting the physical limits. You could possibly try setting those limits shorter to offset the rotary. So the laser will trigger a soft limit before it crashes.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. Maybe I do need to check the machine settings, but home is to the left, not the right.
There is no limit switch on the right. It is only on the left.
When I turn it on and it “Auto-homes” it auto homes to the left properly and stops on limit switch contact. that is why I am a bit confused.

There is a good information and a possible solution here. So If I turn OFF “return to finish position” then the laser will just stop where it is after the job completes?
If so that could help me.

I would try that first. If you can post your GRBL settings here, there are some super smart folks in the forum that may spot potential problems with your configuration. Type " $$ " into the console window and post the result.

Hey everytime I reply to this im not infront of my laser. The things we discussed here are work around that work.

Thats good enough for me.
Worth noting When homed the laser is reporting -600 x -600 as the home position. Again im not sure why, but I have it running the jobs I need soooo…
:confused:

You may have an offset programmed or just the x.y 0 is set incorrectly. You will want to update your machine settings. When you are next in front of the machine take a moment to screenshot your GRBL settings. Please go the the console window in Lightburn and type $$ to display the current settings. Take a screenshot or copy and paste that here.

Hey Soniclab (and everyone else) :slight_smile:
Here are my $$ settings. now mind you this is with the rotary on. Which is to say the Y never hits and endstop as the rotary just spins and spins.

Short of that im not sure what might be going on.

Homing
ALARM:9
Homing fail. Could not find limit switch within search distance. Defined as 1.5 * max_travel on search and 5 * pulloff on locate phases.
ok
Grbl 1.1f ['$' for help]
COMGO V2.4 ['$' for help]
[MSG:'$H'|'$X' to unlock]
[MSG:Caution: Unlocked]
ok
$$
$0=10
$1=25
$2=0
$3=1
$4=0
$5=1
$6=0
$10=1
$11=0.010
$12=0.002
$13=0
$20=0
$21=1
$22=1
$23=3
$24=25.000
$25=1500.000
$26=250
$27=1.500
$30=1000
$31=0
$32=1
$33=1
$100=80.000
$101=65.000
$102=480.000
$110=20000.000
$111=20000.000
$112=1000.000
$120=1000.000
$121=500.000
$122=100.000
$130=400.000
$131=400.000
$132=40.000
$140=8
ok

Just as a first step let us make sure you have the rotary configured correctly.

Thank you. I had watched this vid when I first got the Rotary up and running. I will walk through it all again and see whats up.

Something I did notice is that this guys Y1 is on the left and I have my rotary on the left motor, but my left is labeld Y2 and the right stepper is labeled Y1. The problem could be as simple as this?

worth a look ! good luck

So I thank you for all the help. As a while this issue remains unresolved. I do have my work around in place and that is just going to have to do I suppose.

I do appreciate the time to reply and help

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.