Creality 10w Falcon (on Ender 3) system seems to have coordinates flipped 180 degrees

On startup laser head is moved to rear/right instead of front/left. Doesn’t seem to respect limit switches and grinds and trys to go beyond limits.

Check out this Topic. Similar situation to where you are:

That is interesting. Mine worked out of the box with Lightburn, however the reason it grinds is because the Ender 3 has the limit switch for the X axis at the left side of the gantry, as viewed from in front of the printer, and the Y axis limit switch at the rear of the machine. This means when it properly “Homes” it should go to the front left (Table goes all the way back, and X goes all the way to the left, so the laser is at the front left of the table, or there abouts). What you may need to do is to reverse directions in the GCode, but before you go there, the question is: do the X and Y axes move in the proper direction when you use the jog tool? If not then using the gCode settings to reverse Axes directions is most probably the answer. I’m no expert, but I’d have to go over to my Ender to tinker with it to get you the exact codes. I will try to upload all my GCode settings for you to compare yours to, as soon as I can capture them. Give me a bit.

So if you look at the “Console” and on the command line enter $$ the console will list your GRBL settings. That’s where I would start: see if your settings are the same as those listed here.

I am using an old copy of Lightburn here (I have to install the latest version), but it shouldn’t matter.

Let us know how you make out.

Lightburn Ender 3 Laser GCode Settings

Check these also:

Lightburn Settings for Creality Ender 3 Laser003

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.