Creality falcon 2 40w problem

Hi guys, Dave here, I just purchased a creality falcon 2 40w and after setting it up pushed the home button and goes to home thrn jitters to the right side beeping even not connected to the computer it’s my first time with a laser so know nothing about them, is there something wrong with the machine or am i doing something wrong, i downloaded the latest firmware but still the same, cheers guys…

Locating the home position is handled two ways, with switches, or with current sensing to watch current draw rise when the stepper motors (responsible for travel) stall.

If you have switches, the homing behavior should start with the head of the engraver moving toward the switches. When a switch is triggered, the head of the engraver will back away a small amount (~2-5mm) and release the switch. There should be two switches, one for each axis. We occasionally see a third switch on the Z-Axis but not very often.

If the switch doesn’t trigger, the head of the engraver will proceed until it runs into the physical limit. The noise of this collision becomes familiar.

The engraver is often set to attempt to trigger the switch 5 times before giving up.

With the power to the engraver turned off, slowly and gently move the head of the engraver toward the limit switches, when the switches are positioned correctly, they will click when the engrave head is close enough to trigger them.

A bad switch, a broken wire, or swapping the X-Axis switch with the Y-Axis switch are other common problems that interfere with homing.

It has something to do with the firmware i think, i loaded the firmware from the 22w model to try it and it returned to home and stayed there, unfortunately it tgen wouldn’t print properly it would start to print and after a few seconds it would just stop, i would press home and it would oreform that perfectly and stay there where as the proper firmware woukd do everything properly but when asked to return home it woukd then move across to the right hand side snd come up with a alarm 3, cheers…

@Creality_Rachel

Maybe we can get Creality to give a hand

I think I might have the same problem. Already logged support calls with Creality but so far no joy. Machine is not even 3 weeks old, its on the latest firmware. Doesn’t matter if its connected to PC or TF card in or not.

Hi, I fixed my problem, was firmware issue, I loaded master from 22w machine and firmware from 40w laser both creality, if you load firmware from both that’s master and laser, 22w the machine will home correctly but won’t print, it will start to print then stop, so loading master from 22w and laser from 40w fixed this issue for me, cheers…