Creality Falcon 2 & Linux Mint 21.1 disconnected...ugh

Hello All-

Like many others, I decided to make the jump AWAY from Win10/11 and was excited to see Light Burn had a 64 bit Linux install. Light burn fires up ok, I added my LightBurn file from the Creality software folder and…Laser is disconnected and simply will not connect. Pretty sure it’s a driver/comms issue, but my system IS up to date as of this post. Using the stock USB cable that came with the laser and other devices work on the USB ports so the hardware is intact.

I know Linux is supposed to have the CH340 driver support built in, but is this true if the CPU is an older DELL AMD A8 and not Intel?

I wanted to repurpose the laptop just for a Lighburn interface next to the laser and not have a newer, hotter running PC out in my garage, due to space and fume constraints. Surely, someone else has run into this already? Any help and or advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Did you complete the installation process including setting group permissions as described in the documentation?

Installation & Setup - LightBurn Software Documentation

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.