Creality Falcon A1C support

Title:
Creality Falcon A1C – Falcon HTTP connects, but Frame and console GCode do not work

Post:

I’m testing the new Creality Falcon HTTP GCode flavor in LightBurn 2.2 with a Creality Falcon A1C 10W over Wi-Fi.

The connection itself seems to work correctly. LightBurn identifies the machine as:

Connected: Creality Falcon A1C
Laser: BLUE-10W-DIODE

The Home button in LightBurn works and the machine homes normally over Wi-Fi.

However, I’m seeing these problems:

  1. Frame does not work

Pressing the Frame button does not make the machine move.

  1. Console GCode commands do not work

For example:

$H

does nothing.

  1. User macros do not work

My A1C autofocus macro is:

$HZ1

This works over the normal USB/GRBL connection, but does nothing when using the Falcon HTTP connection.

So currently:

Wi-Fi connection / identification: WORKS
Home button:                       WORKS
Frame:                             DOES NOT WORK
Console GCode:                     DOES NOT WORK
User macros:                       DOES NOT WORK

It looks like some dedicated HTTP commands, such as Home, are reaching the A1C, but Frame and raw GCode commands are not.

Machine/setup:

Creality Falcon A1C
10W blue diode module
Wi-Fi connection
Windows 10
Custom GCode device
GCode Flavor: Creality Falcon HTTP

Let me know if you need logs or if there is anything else I can test.

Hi Jonas, and welcome to the forum.

This is the first time I’ve seen the Falcon A1C.

Thank you for your report!
Apparently, Creality uses different webhooks for this device. We’ve tested the new “Creality Falcon HTTP” flavor on the A1 Pro, and T1.

I didn’t see Creality’s instructions on how to add this device to LightBurn, but it looks like they just created this wiki entry and might still be working on it.

As a start, can you check for a firmware update on the A1C and install it if available?

Did Creality send you a LightBurn device profile for this laser?
If you can send us your exported device I’d like to see if there might be a settings mismatch.

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Creality did not provide me with a specific A1C LightBurn device profile.

I do have a Falcon A1 .lbdev profile that I downloaded and used when I later set up the A1C over USB, and that works.

For the WiFi connection that I reported the issue with, I did not use that profile. I created a separate device manually in LightBurn 2.2 using the new Creality Falcon HTTP flavor.

My A1C currently reports firmware:
CV40mini-MASTER-Release V1.1.2 20260903-1149

I couldn’t find a newer A1C firmware on Creality’s website, but I’ll check directly on the machine when I get home from work today to see if an update is available.

I’ve attached the exported device for the WiFi/HTTP setup so you can check the settings.

Thanks for looking into this!
FalconA1C_test.lbzip (2.0 KB)

Hi @zyberbob I’m the dev who’s writing the Falcon support.

I’m glad it connects and identified, good start, we haven’t updated the driver to support the A1C fully yet. I don’t have one, you’re the first to try it.

But to temper some expectations:
Console GCode and User Macros will NOT work on any of the Falcons over HTTP. The remote API is all about job submission, and technically does not have a way to run individual commands. It’s annoying. We have to map our functions to REST calls.

The console is still there so you can see API messages, but entered commands don’t actually go anywhere. We will improve that UI.

The Z Focus button should call the AutoFocus function, no need for that macro.

The features that should work are:

  • Jogging
  • Framing
  • Running Jobs (arguably the most important)

But if you could not frame, then there might an API difference between the A1 and A1C. I’ll look into it.

3 Likes

Thanks, that explains the console and macros.

Yes, jogging was working over HTTP, but framing was not working in my test.

I’m happy to test anything you need on the A1C, since you don’t have one available. Just let me know what you want me to try.