Creality rotary pro kit causing my machine to be erratic

Hello everyone, I just bought a new Creality Falcon 2, 22 watt machine and the Creality pro rotary attachment. Prior to using the attachment, I made several engravings on wood and did a couple on slate. All of these were successful and I wanted to do some cups, so I plugged in the Creality rotary pro attachment. The attachment worked great for about 5 cups and then the laser went crazy and smacked against the attachment and into the frame. The attachment was spinning and finally stopped. I tried to reframe again and this time the attachment wasn’t in the way. The laser smacked the frame again and the attachment was spinning. I powered the machine off and tried to restart the machine and it didn’t help. I had a roller that I had bought for a different machine, that was never used. This worked for about 3 cups and the machine went erratic again. I have tried to change the settings according to what I have read on the forums without success. I tried to change the origin, slow the speed, amount other things that I cannot remember. I am relatively new to all of this and am trying to figure this out. I appreciate any help that you can give me.

Sounding a lot as a Bad power adapter OR a bad stepper driver or a cable

Can you try to swap the cables
Literally plug X to Roller
Y to X motor
And see if the problem moves to the oposite axis?