Created with, for, and by Lightburn xD

So I wanted to mess with CoreXY in Marlin and having had success with Lightburn on the K40 running Marlin I figured what the hell, why not? I found one on Thinigiverse, and decided to upsize it. Well, then nothing worked. So with Fusion and Lightburn I re-made all but a few parts out of 3mm MDF just to test and try and fit. I can probably ship my Lightburn file off to get them cut or milled too. :smiley:

Getting started:

Letter paper for size comparison:

The result is with the kids now to be colored in for their mother. :slight_smile:

Thatā€™s surprisingly quick. Iā€™ve had the itch to make a low-profile laser, with a larger area than a K40, but similar power, mostly just to do it, and use it as a controller testbed. Every time Adam shows off one of his new creations, or I see something like this, it gets worseā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™m still amazed it works. I like the idea of being able to pick it up and hang it on a wall when I donā€™t need it, and also the ability to take it elsewhere. One practical example is to use it for marking plans onto wood. :slight_smile: I donā€™t have to try to square my lines or print a bunch of sheets and glue them together, just plop this bad-boy on there and let it draw.

The size I went with is really ā€œCut as little of the 2020 as possible in case this doesnā€™t workā€ and that led me to something around 800X800.

Donā€™t ask how the servo works xD