Creating a layered design

I am new to Laser cutting and I am trying to creat a layered design. I found an image and pasted into Lightburn. I then traced it and took apart the image in layers. There is only 3 layers. Two of the layers I am able to change the mode(line, fill or offset fill) and I can preview those layers. The last layer is listed as “t2” and won’t allow any changes. How can I change to a layer?
When I click on the T2 layer to preview it says “You have no layers set to output.”
What am I missing

Hard to say with the information provided. Please share some images and the file to allow us to “see” what you are describing. :slight_smile:

T2 is one of the two ‘Tools Layers’. These are special layers and are not intended for output, thus no way to set or change “cut settings” (line, fill or offset fill) for those layers. Select everything on that layer, then click a different layer using the color palette at the lower-left to change the layer for those shapes.

You say: “won’t allow any changes”. For clarity, while true for ‘Cut Settings’, you can introduce changes to the shapes, nodes, sizes, and placement of shapes on the Tools Layers.

strong text

If you hold Shift while clicking the T2 layer in the ‘Cuts / Layers’ window, that should select everything on that layer. Then you can move these shapes to whatever layer you’d like by selecting the layer from the palette at the bottom-left. Once moved to a non-Tools layer, you should be able to set the cut setting as you’d like.

Supertip! I have often wondered if there was a way to do this.

For clarity, this works for any number of shapes on any layer. :slight_smile:

• Holding the Shift key and clicking a layer entry will select all shapes using that layer color. Note that if you have shapes using this layer grouped with other shapes from other layers, the shapes from the selected layer will be removed from the group in order to select them, so this operation can alter your file.

The following offers a few other tips when working from the ‘Cuts / Layers’ window.:wink:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.