Creating layers using Lightburn

multiple question:

1. Create a circle then shade the inside of the circle
  2. Create text on a different layer to overlay on the circle

Not sure how to create separate layers

thanks for your help

Have a look at this for how Layers work.

For the circle and text you want to create, it might help us if you show a picture of what output you want to achieve.

I am attaching an example. I scanned this picture and did an image trace but the shaded circle did not trace and that is what I am trying to recreate.

Also I did relook at the video and it helped. Should have told you I am a real newbie and I have looked and read so much my finite mind gets overloaded.

Thanks for responding

I might add I think if I decrease the power it will create a type of shading. But can I see the shading before I actually start engraving? Since this is not an image not sure if I can do this.

I understand you are extremely busy and want to take up all your time. After previously watching the video on images you brought up the preview and then had to magnify the image to see the changes in DPI settings. I did something similar and I think this is the only way I can see the shading.

There isn’t an easy way to see different power shades in the preview unfortunately. You could vary either speed or power, and the difference in power levels can be so high that it would be impossible to represent well on a computer display.

If you want the circle to be engraved lighter than the text, you have a couple options:

• Less power
  • More speed
  • A larger interval between fill lines
  • A combination of any or all of the above

The interval value is an easy one to use, and that will show up in the preview. For example, these are done with 0.1mm, 0.08mm, and 0.06mm intervals, from left to right, but all with the same power and speeds:
(the banding pattern is a result of the preview, and won’t happen on the finished product)

Thank you so much. I was thinking that I could only use the interval with an image versus a fill. This was extremely helpful.

thanks again

ps. thanks to all who responded

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.