Curious: How Does LightBurn Bypass the Ruida Password?

Unless it is a trade secret, I am curious how Lightburn is able to access / allow changes to vendor settings on the Ruida controller without the need for the password.

As far as I know, the password is an RDWorks thing, not a controller thing. It’s possible that the password itself is stored in the controller, and RDWorks presents the challenge to the user and checks the result, but I didn’t bother with that bit. :slight_smile:

I might actually have to add support for this, as we’re getting a bit of push back from machine sellers, schools and maker spaces, which I understand.

Perhaps why the firmware on the HMI also prompts for the password (software challenge built into the HMI while direct communication with the controller requires no password).

At a minimum I guess if someone forgets the password or buys a used system that had the password changed, they have Lightburn to allow them access to the configuration.

And with older units, the HMI is NOT field up-gradable. I don’t remember what version I have, but I know it’s one version to old to be downloaded in the field. It and the older ones have to be sent in for an update.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.