Curious why no 45 degree angle with passthrough?

I tried searching but curious why we can only run 0 or 90 degree angles when passthrough is enabled?
Some lasers get less banding and such when they can run at a 45 degree angle? So again, any chance this would be enabled on future updates?

Thanks!

Pass-through means that I’m not allowed to alter the pixels sent to the machine in any way. Running horizontally or vertically, this is trivial - every single pixel is sent to the laser exactly as is in the source image. Running at 45 degrees would require resampling, or just a lot of really clever hoop-jumping under the hood to make it work. For the relative few who would use it, it’s not likely worth the time.

That said, if you’re using pass-through with a diode, you probably think you need to use something like ImagR to “make your photos laser ready”. You don’t - you can get equal results just using the image Shape Properties and dithering modes in LightBurn.

Thanks Oz. Oddly I’m using Image-R and I’m getting banding running 0 and 90 degrees. Belts are nice and snug and not sure why but when I run thru GreyScale image untouched I get no banding what so ever running at 45 degrees. However I like using Image R and passthrough but can’t run at 45 degrees using it.

All good. Just curious.

Appreciate the reply

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.