Curve power too strong

Hello, I’ve already experimented a lot but I can’t find a solution.

the laser is too strong in the curves

can you help me thank you

it is a 100w laser from Vevor with ruida min power 9% max speed 500mm/s

I doubt it’s doing 500mm/s around the curves…

9% is close to the bottom of what I would think you can lase. I can’t go below about 9.6% consistently. You might also check in the last section of the machine settings and make sure the controller will allow you to go that low. That would be laser 1 minimum power or something like that.

I’m not sure what to tell you at this point.

:smile_cat:

What are you trying to accomplish? I understand that the corners are way darker then the rest, but the rest is barely visible. I would try Jack’s suggestion, and get your minimum to 9.6w to get a consistent burn. Then maybe try speeding it up a bit.

1 Like

Good morning,

No, of course, it doesn’t do the 500mm/s with the laser, the machine can do that at most

but it doesn’t matter whether I set 10% power or 30% power, whether 100mm/s or 25mm/s, the result is the same, the curves are always burned more than the rest

This is going to get technical. Curves can be done two ways. Simplest is my making tiny short lines that constantly change direction. The controller has no knowledge of or reason to change speeds. This is entirely G01 moves.

Next is traversing curves by constantly changing the X and Y values to make a smooth curve. This is easier and is done by the G02 and G03 GCodes in the program. Either can produce your problem.

Now for the important, and technical part. The controller has to know, or be told, that something has to change in the curves, either a speed or power change. Your image looks like the laser goes lickety-split on the straights and slows in the curves, with constant power the whole time. I suspect this is a function of your controller and not by the commands from Lightburn. Without seeing the GCode listing for your project, I cannot further speculate on any possible solution.

You can try making the corner segments a separate layer and reduce the power or increase the speed. That is what I would do if mine did this.

Don’t know if that theory holds with a dsp controller… dsp in his profile not grbl.

@Sushi0901 you didn’t mention minimum/maximum power settings…

IMHO, I think you’re attempting to move too fast for any real control…

:smile_cat:

What I said applies to both GRBL and DSP controllers, whether milling or laser. Some got it, some don’t when it comes to computational ability.

And I suspect you are right about speed issue…

If you’re trying to engrave fine materials with a 100W laser you may find the minimum energy output is the limit.

Speeding up and increasing power for the straight lines is step 1. If you want to have the slower corners match the straight lines you have to be set well above the minimum power.

Step 2 is adjusting the maximum and minimum power so the controller can lower the power in the corners as the engraver head slows down.

This should take care of most of this behaviour.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.