Cut Optimization Settings - Cut direction - Snake

Hi All,
I have a question, is it possible to somehow configure so that cutting occurs as follows:

1. Start cutting from the upper left corner and move to the lower left corner.
  2. When we have reached the lower left corner, we begin to cut the second column and go to the top.
  • In other words, the cutting took place in the form of a snake game.

Example:

Cut_Optimization_Settings_v002

Cause:
We have a laser with a working table size of 1300 x 900 mm. The laser beam comes from the left side. We cut mainly plywood, and plywood is curved (humped).To press the plywood, we made 1.5 kg and 2.5 kg lead weights.
If the laser moves with this trajectory, then it is very easy to move the lead weights and your hand does not fall under the laser beam.

1 Like

I don’t believe there’s a direct way to enforce this path but you could manipulate the derived path by the Order by feature to get you something similar. I can’t see your layers based on the screenshots but you could either have your shapes on different layers or groups in snake order. Another option which I think might make the most sense is to set the Cut Order Priority for each shape in Shape Properties.

As I understand, the order by criteria is evaluated first, then all other parameters are applied within the ordered items.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.