Cut speed increases power output?

hi this is strange
youtube link attached
i have a ten high 6040 upgraded with a ruida controller
i run lightburn and rd works and its not a specific issue to lightburn as it happens in both
i have a 60-80 w new tube and replaced it as first one did the same i alos replaced the power supply !
if i run ajob for a cut (engraving seems fine) ay say 7mm a sec i@ 45% power i get 4 m/amp output and a arking at the collar on the output end of the tube
if i up the speed to 30 mm a sec i get a power m/amp output of 15 m/amps ?
and arking is less any ideas apprecieated as i cant fugure this outtest of cut on 60-80w tube strange issue

Power output is affected by speed. This is why the min power parameter exists. In your video, you have max set to 45% and min set to 25%.

See:

Your a star :star: that I did not realise
I was not aware I needed to set min power to up output I thought mak power was what set the max output and it would use that
What a plonker !! Thanks buddy :pray:

It is an important skill to learn how to choreograph the min / max power settings to prevent over burn at points of negative acceleration (such as direction changes). It is not always appropriate to run Min / Max at identical values.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.