Cutting a single project larger than your laser bed

I’ve followed the directions for the cut shapes and I’m to the point that it’s laid out. When I select the project and go I to do the cut shape, it isn’t highlighted and I can’t figure out why?? I’ve repeated the process 3 times and keep getting the same results.

Take a look at this newly released video, at around 9:27 in. There is an example of cutting a shape, a Mermaid, in this case, using the new ‘Cut Shape’ tool. After review, please let us know if you are still having issues and we can go from there.

I’ve watched and re-watched the video 8 times, thinking there is something i missed. I just can’t figure it out.

1 Like

Draw shapes. Select shape to be cut, then select cutter shape. From the menu, select ‘Tools’->‘Cut Shapes’. The results will be grouped. Ungroup to see each new section produced.

I’m still not having any luck getting the cut shape to work. I’ve got to have this project done tonight for a wedding tomorrow. I know it’s a last minute thing, but they waited to bring it at the last minute. I’ve got it all laid out and I’m completely stuck :scream:

Can I please get some help with this? I’ve done everything you asked me too and I followed the video to a T

Is the object you’re trying to cut a vector shape or an image?

It’s lettering for a big sign for a wedding tomorrow

Have you defined the cut shape? Do so, then save and Post the file here.

It’s telling me I can’t upload it since I a new user.

I see that now, sorry. I have bumped the trust level so you should be able to now. :wink:

Sorry, new users can not upload attachments. Still getting this.

Did you refresh the page? You may need to logout, clear the cache and come back in to have this take effect but you have the rights required.

Wedding.lbrn (369.5 KB)

It worked for me. You need to select it and ungroup it first.

I did that, don’t have a clue what I’m doing wrong??

I had to ungroup it twice to get it all broke apart.

wedding-B.lbrn (299.6 KB)

When I open this file, your artwork is way outside my frame (900x600). What size bed do you have?

If I ungroup and select everything, I see 115 objects reported in the bottom status bar. I do not see any shape that looks obviously intended as your cut shape. What am I missing?

I need to break it into 3 sections as my bed is only 19"

19 x 28 is the bed size and I had it set for 13 x 45 to engrave