Cutting coaster finger joint boxes

My laser is the XTool D1 Pro 20watt. I have a coaster box designed and have cut this out of 1/8"/3mm baltic burch ply. The base of the box measures approx. 4.5" square however when the cut is complete the X is at 4.5" and the Y is 5". This also causes the sides of the box to be incorrect and not fit the tabs or the sides are different heights. Have tried to redesign multiple examples of boxes and get the same result. Have been doing most of the practice cuts in heavy paper/card stock to save material and results are same. Not sure what the problem may be and any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Post the file here for the group to look at. Our crystal ball is broken.

JimNM,
Not sure of the request, Post the file here so copied and past the original request.

My laser is the XTool D1 Pro 20watt. I have a coaster box designed and have cut this out of 1/8"/3mm baltic burch ply. The base of the box measures approx. 4.5" square however when the cut is complete the X is at 4.5" and the Y is 5". This also causes the sides of the box to be incorrect and not fit the tabs or the sides are different heights. Have tried to redesign multiple examples of boxes and get the same result. Have been doing most of the practice cuts in heavy paper/card stock to save material and results are same. Not sure what the problem may be and any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Please post the lightburn save file for us to look at.

Use the upload file button.

Understand. At work now and will do when I get home tonight.

Coaster Box Curve 5.8.23.lbrn2 (52.1 KB)

Hope this file works. Have cut 3 of these before and now the problem outlined is causing problems. Many thanks in advance for your comments and review.
Ron

I don’t see anything obviously wrong in the design.

Does your machine otherwise burn dimensionally accurate parts? Meaning if you were to burn a 5x5 inch square. Would it measure 5x5" square?

Make sure that you don’t have rotary enabled.

Have never set up the rotary however I will check this. Will also set up and example and cut a 5x5 and advise.

If rotary is enabled you’ll see a green dot on top of the rotary icon in the toolbar as well as a message at the lower right of the screen.

Many thanks for the review and sample cut of a 5x5. Designed and cut in card stock and ended up with 5x53/4. Looked and found that rotary had been enabled. Would not have thought this would be an issue since I had not set up this options as yet. Amazing how many pieces of card stock I went through as well as 4 or 5 trys with 3mm ply material. Was totally stumped and appreciate the advise. Now I can complete a new coaster box holder.
Ron

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.