Cutting off centre

Does anyone know why Lightburn sometimes cuts off centre? I have been cutting large sheets of Christmas decorations and on most sheets everything is spot on. Yet on some sheets the holes used to hang the decorations do not cut central.

There is no rhyme or reason to why this happens. It could be none on 1 sheet, 5 on the next, 3 on the next, none for a few sheets then 8 on the next one. I cut just 2 decorations an hour ago and both had off centre holes cut. I am wasting a lot of materials & time due to this issue.

All the files are grouped, and sheets are secure on the laser bed. Any ideas as to why this is happening?

TIA

What machine or controller? (the ‘Machines’ part of your user profile just says “Smokey71” which tells me nothing)

Most likely the machine is losing position when traveling between the cuts. This can happen if you run small shapes too fast, or if your acceleration or speed settings are too high.

1 Like

My 6040 has a Ruida RDC6442 controller. I haven’t changed any settings within Lightburn, and it has only started in the past week or so

If you’ve been using the machine a lot, it’s possible that the rails or bearings are dirty, and the additional load on the motion system would make it more likely to skip.

Only cleaned it the other day, but I will give it another clean now

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.