Data Transfer Failed for xTool D1 Pro 20W

Hey, all. I just purchased my first Laser (xTool D1 Pro 20W) and downloaded my trial of Lightburn. I’m trying to get it set up to run some test projects but am running into an issue with getting it to do… well… anything!

I followed the directions from xTool on how to get it installed and recognized by Lightburn and that seems to have been a success. I even downloaded xTool’s software and ran an update for the firmware, so I know I am using the latest version of that. (V40.31.004.01 B3)

But when I load a file and attempt to frame it I get no response.

When I try to ‘Start’ the program I get the error ‘There was a problem sending data to the laser. The machine may be busy or paused’.

It looks like I have it connected to the correct COM port as it is showing the laser as ‘ready.’

Does anybody have any ideas of what I could be missing?

I am running Lightburn on a Microsoft Surface running Windows 10 Pro

I did get Lightburn to work finally. I do not know what ultimately helped as I only repeated what I had already been doing multiple times. I dis-connected the USB cable, re-started Lightburn, re-attached the USB cable, chose the ‘(choose)’ option in the devices drop-down menu, then re-selected the COM port it was attached to.

This seemed to make it happy.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.