Dead Rudia Controller RDC6442S

Yes this was my x chain

the full broken wires were contained in the chain, only the stray filament was sticking out before. I had
pulled the broken wires out of the chain while inspecting it.

this machine is mainly used for engraving wood and bamboo items. It is vented properly but I wonder if something in the smoke that comes off the bamboo/wood made the insulation more brittle? No significant debris anywhere aside from the buildup of dust/burn off residue.

This morning, before inspecting the chain, I did run a 60 minute job without issue. I still have not had a chance to break down the chain to see the condition of the wires.

You are in luck that you limited the damage. I would ensure that chain was cleaned and the wires well inspected or replaced.

Might be a fire next timeā€¦ well worth the time to ensure itā€™s safe and functional.

Good luck with it, take care.

:smiley_cat:

Rudia owner, last week i had a similiar issue where I would start running a project and 1/3 of the way through it quit and my RDC6442s-B control screen went dark. restarted the machine everything started up as usual and it did it again. I waited a few hours and came back to it and this time it wouldnā€™t start up at all. I checked the power source, even though i figured since it didnā€™t just shut right off it may not be that. It was only when i started taking connections off is when I found out that red locator light was causing an issue with the mother board. I traced it back to the head and found out that the wires had been pulled out of the connection point. It must have just started to short before it went all together. So as they say, sometimes its the simple things that cause the biggest problem.

Anytime you have electronics and part of the electronics ā€˜moveā€™ around, such as via a drag chain, that should be the very first areas checked with most detail.

Glad you found it, take care, thanks for chiming inā€¦

:smiley_cat:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.