Decimal value input in laser move panel does not accept decimal point but comma works

decimal point input in move panel ok in win10 but not linux. both computers are set for local settings in u.s. format. workaround is to use comma but this is inconsistant with major value inputs

I’ve not seen this.

Can you take a full screenshot of this?

Also, what distribution are you using?

Can you run the locale command in Linux and return the output?

1 Like

Sorry. I wanted to be absolutely sure that my linux box was set for region U.S. since all my input, keyboard, language settings were for US (English) and most other inputs in Lightburn were working correctly with decimal point. I do live in France and for some reason linux put my language/region setting to France. I am usually very careful about this and suspect it may have changed when I allowed an app (not yours) to use localization. In any case, my bad. I changed linux regional settings to US and voila, the laser Move panel is behaving correctly for decimal point input. Thanks for responding. Lightburn is the Best program I have ever used. Steven

So by having French regional settings, coma becomes the decimal and the decimal point becomes thousands separator?

I would imagine then this is working as intended by complying with regional number settings right?

In France, coma is indeed the decimal “point”. We used to use dot as thousands separator, but now we use (non-breaking) spaces. Or nothing, in technical inputs.

What is odd is that apparently (from what I understand of the OP), local settings are not applied in all input fields.

I agree that with incorrect region setting inputs fields in other panels worked correctly. in fact this is why I just assumed region setting was correct. for information I am using ver 1.5.01 on ubuntu 22.04 the inputs were for move to position in the Move panel. I am going to consider this topic resolved but remain available for any field testing if required .

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.