Default window environment gone with update to 1.5.02

(Google translate)

Good morning from Spain.

Last FEBRUARY 26 I installed the trial version of LightBurn v. 1.5.01, with which I worked for two days without any problem.

Yesterday, FEBRUARY 28, when the program started, it informed me of an update to version v. 1.5.02, which I downloaded and installed.

Since that moment, the work windows, which appeared on the right side of the grid (attached “screenshot”), have disappeared, with no possibility of recovering them by clicking on the “Window” menu.

Given the little time I had to test, I was NOT able to export Preferences.

My intention is to continue testing your program with the aim of purchasing it after the trial period and since I cannot perform these tests, can you help me solve this problem.

Thank you so much.

Operating System: Windows 10
64 bit PC
Laser Machine: Sculpfun s30 – 10 w (correctly recognized by LightBurn)
Controller/Laser GRBL CH340

Buenos días desde España.

El pasado FEBRERO-26 instalé la versión de prueba de LightBurn v. 1.5.01, con la que trabajé dos días sin ningún problema.

Ayer día FEBRERO-28 al arrancar el programa me informó de una actualización a la versión v. 1.5.02, que descargué e instalé.

Desde ese momento han desparecido las ventanas de trabajo, que salían en la parte derecha de la cuadrícula (adjunto “pantallazo”), sin posibilidad de recuperarlas actuando sobre el menú “Ventana”.

Dado el poco tiempo del que he dispuesto para hacer pruebas NO llegué a exportar Preferencias.

Siendo mi intención seguir probando su programa con el objetivo de comprarlo finalizado el período de prueba y dado que no puedo realizar dichas pruebas, pueden ayudarme a solventar este problema.

Muchas gracias.

Sistema Operativo: Windows 10
PC 64 bits
Máquina Laser: Sculpfun s30 – 10 w (correctamente reconocida por LightBurn)
Controlador/Laser GRBL CH340

Close LightBurn.

Hold the shift key and Relaunch LightBurn.
This will reset only the visual part. :slight_smile:

Please let us know if this works for you.

1 Like

didnt know that. WOuld it act as “window → reset layout defaults” menu command? or does something else?

1 Like

The outcome is almost identical but the Reset to Default Layout is slightly less aggressive.

The command to reset applies the code to build the default environment in the running instance.

The Hold Shift Key Launch, bypasses what was saved and builds the environment as if what was saved never existed.

2 Likes

Understood thanks!

takes notes

1 Like

(Google translate)

I have closed the program (File menu → Exit) and reopened LightBurn while holding down the “Shift” key, but it’s still the same.

Thanks for the attempt.

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

He cerrado el programa (menú Archivo → Salir) y he vuelto a abrir LightBurn manteniendo la tecla “Mayúsculas” presionada, pero sigue igual.

Gracias por el intento.

I’ve moved your request to a new Forum thread because we’ve had to move considerably further than the first conversation to resolve this.

I’d like to look at a Prefs file associated with LightBurn on your computer.

Click File, click Export prefs, and save that file somewhere convenient for you.

Drag and drop that file into a reply here.

Also, if I may ask, from the C: directory in Windows, search for lbprefs in the search bar in Windows.

You should find a directory with 50 or so versions of this file.

Please also drag one of those files (from about a month ago) into a reply here. Please also drag a copy of that file on to your desktop in case we can use the lbprefs file to recover your windowing environment.

As requested attached:

1.- “Prefs” export file generated today, (prefs_20240301_Gonzalo.lbprefs) and

2.- File generated in the Windows “lbfpres” directory (20240227_184044.lbprefs). It is impossible for me to attach a file that is one month old since only files appear from 02/26/2024, the date of the initial installation onwards.

Thank you so much.

20240227_184044.lbprefs (23,9 KB)
prefs_20240301_Gonzalo.lbprefs (24,7 KB)

1 Like

Good afternoon.

During this afternoon he continued testing the program in its Tools and design part, without viewing the work windows and therefore without being able to transfer the results to my Sculpfun.

Until at one point, without having done anything for it (consciously), the lost windows have appeared. MIRACLE!!!

I’ve been working for a couple of hours now without problems and without knowing what caused the disappearance.

I want to thank you for the interest you have shown in my problem and although in the end it seems to have resolved itself, knowing that you were helping me comfort myself.

Thank you very very much.

I am interested in knowing the cause of this.

Are you using OneDrive or Dropbox to back up your files?
Some users experience Data Loss with OneDrive and it can lead to damaged files.

In its current working state, please export prefs and keep a copy of it handy.
I’d like to compare it to the previous version to see if this is related to cloud storage (or removable storage) issues.

NO, I am not using “OneDrive” or “Dropbox” for backup.

At the moment I have not made any backups, only the preferences exports.

I am attaching an export of the current preferences with the program working correctly.

Preferences 20240305 LightBurn OK.lbprefs (25,1 KB)

1 Like

Hello again.

I am working with LightBurn 1.5.02 without problems since 03/04/2024, after the mysterious reappearance of the missing working windows after the update.

Today 03/14/2024 when I open the program it informs me of the existence of a new update, 1.5.03

Given the problems that arose when updating to version 1.5.02 (disappearance of working windows) and its subsequent “mysterious” reappearance, without still knowing what caused the problem (it lasted several days) or how it was fixed, I do not dare to perform the update.

Could you tell me what to do before validating the update to ensure recovery of the application if the problem occurs again.

Thank you so much.

Yes, we released 1.5.03, a patch release announced today. You can review the changes from these listing below. :slight_smile:

and here…

You should be able to import the Prefs file that you shared most recently into the newer version of LightBurn to return your settings and window environment to the current settings.

I will review recent posts on the new update to confirm that all is well.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.