Design only being 99% cutout leaving small stems

I am trying to cut through some Alcantara (man made suede essentially) however the design cutouts often get little stems where the laser has started and finished… is there anyway I can make the laser cutout 100% of the shape rather than 99% ?

As you can see each rectangle cutout has a top and bottom stem part where I’ve had to manually pull out each cutout. So far my settings are 5 passes, 105 speed and 8% power… this is kind of my sweet spot for cutting power as it doesn’t glaze the fabric leaving it with a precise sharp cut instead of a singed/shiny edge.

Very difficult to see in this blurry image. You may have inadvertently added ‘Tabs / Bridges’ to that layer.

What are the settings for this job? “105 speed” is not a speed, 105 is a number. Speed is defined as distance over time. 105 what over what amount of time. Please show screen captures of the layer settings and a clearer image of the results, so we can see what you are sharing, and we can go from there.

Apologies, I am just referencing exactly what the software describes the “speed” “power” and “pass count” as.

This is about as clear as I can get the photo, I have held it up against my laptop screen to backlight the cutouts

As you can see it is only horizontal cuts which is adds these tabs on, not vertical cuts.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.