Desktop pictures of Icons went away after loading Lightburn 1.5.01

Desktop pictures of Icons went away after loading Lightburn 1.5.01. I have rebooted the machine to no avail.

Did you change the size of icone within the folder? It needs to be medium or bigger to show pictures.

The only change I made was to install 1.5.01. Even the icons in the task bar on the bottom of my windows desktop lost their pictures. They are just the default square file pictures now.

You may have a corrupt icon cache.
If you open Windows task manager and restart windows explorer and your icons don’t return then you need to reset the icon cashe.

There are lots of info on the web to show you how to do that, just search for “Reset Windows icon cashe”.

1 Like

I agree with Rob here - refreshing the icon cache, ensuring your PC’s storage space isn’t full (and other general PC health checks) would be advised here. Because it’s affecting all of your desktop apps I suspect the issue to be system wide, even if it could have been triggered by LightBurn somehow.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.