Desperate....please help. Leetro mpc6515 to Ruida RDC6445 upgrade

Hello,
This is probably going to be a long question/plea for help. I finally had the nerve/time to upgrade my laser. It is a Rabbit RL-80-1290. I could find no images of the correct wiring for that particular swap, but I thought I finally figured it out. I got everything changed out and powered on the laser and I “thought” everything was ok. Boy was I wrong!!! It powers on fine, but there are several issues. I assume I have something wired up wrong.

1. T̶h̶e̶ ̶Z̶ ̶a̶x̶i̶s̶ ̶w̶o̶n̶’̶t̶ ̶m̶o̶v̶e̶,̶ ̶(̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶m̶a̶n̶u̶a̶l̶,̶ ̶n̶o̶ ̶a̶u̶t̶o̶f̶o̶c̶u̶s̶)̶,̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶n̶u̶m̶b̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶r̶o̶l̶l̶e̶r̶ ̶p̶a̶d̶ ̶g̶o̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶d̶o̶w̶n̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶n̶o̶ ̶z̶ ̶m̶o̶v̶e̶m̶e̶n̶t̶.̶

2. The homing does not seem to work at all, and when I turn the machine off and back on, the controller pad says the X and Y are at 10,000mm and the Z at 3,000mm.

3. T̶h̶e̶ ̶l̶a̶s̶e̶r̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶m̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶f̶i̶r̶i̶n̶g̶.̶

That is all I can think of in my state of mind. I am about to have a nervous breakdown! I use this laser in my business and can not afford to have it down for long.

Any help is VERY much appreciated!

Thanks,
Wes

Ok…laser IS firing…one down 3 to go. :slight_smile:

Not an expert but here are my thoughts.

1. There is not a Z axis connected to the controller.
  2. Depending on the limit switches you night need “lmtX+”“lmtY+”
  3. Ruida controllers need a water protection circuit. I don’t see one hooked to the WP1 on the CN5 connector.
1 Like

Hey Jeff…you are absolutely correct about the z axis. I was actually coming back here to revise my post. I was lying here in bed and it just hit me…“you idiot…the z is not even connected to the controller!!!” :-/ Maybe my stupidity will be gone in the morning. Thanks for the info! That will give me a place to start in the morning.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.